English Language Challenges

English classes gave me a break from the stress that the other subjects caused, however, it was a bit disappointing. I thought it was going to be more advanced or be more related to scientific content.

In my opinion, there should be English classes in higher semesters, but technical. To learn specific vocabulary that probably would help us to read papers or also to be able to communicate with other professionals from the same area, who don’t speak Spanish.

Personally I think, the use of blogs is a great method to practice grammar by writing about topics that interest us and to encourage the ability to argue about an idea or opinion.


My two weaknesses in English are the variety of vocabulary and the embarrassment to speak. I can improve the first thing by watching movies in English with subtitles in this language and when I don't understand a word I write it down and then look it up in the dictionary. The second is a bit more difficult because when I speak I feel that it won’t sound as good as it should. However, I try to make an effort and take advantage of the opportunities to do it, such as speaking it with a foreigner who needs help.


I normally use English every day to watching movies, that I usually like to watch in the original language or when I do sports at home because most of my exercise videos are in English. Also on Instagram, I follow accounts that upload publications in English such as recipes or information of my interest.


Comentarios

  1. yes, when you hear yourself speaking English, you feel like you're not doing it entirely right, but if you're alone or with people you trust, it becomes more tolerable, or at least that happens to me

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

My best holiday ever

A Country I Would Like To Visit

A MUSIC ARTIST